Monday, August 25, 2008

Cancelled Delivery


^Video blog!!
(More all-original content! ZOMG!!)

Update 8/28/08: Turns out Carlos Bess produced this O.G. version of the track; he sent me this message: "Wow! I produced that song Deliver by Chino Xl. Quincy did not clear the sample because of what chino said about Woopie Goldberg. Thats crazy... good find." And that Whoopie Goldberg line in the song ("Did I do that? Not Whoopie Goldberg or Steve Urkel but I'll leave ya grill the color purple"), isn't even a diss to her, just a play on words with the title of her film.

Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Digital StimulationMay 28, 2022 at 1:03 PM

    I know this is mad late, like 15 years late, but I was always under the impression (I think I read it in a magazine somewhere around 1996) that Quincy wouldn't clear the sample not because of what he said about Whoopi Goldberg, but it was the line about Miles Davis "Evil tendency, strong like Miles Davis heroin dependency/fucking up lives like teenage pregnancies" who I believe had been a close friend of Quincy's and at that point had been deceased for 4 or 5 years.

    ReplyDelete