Friday, September 7, 2012

Tommy V Isn't Dead

I got a new post for you guys - a double post even! But it isn't here. It's over on Hip Hop Isn't Dead. That's right, I'm back over there with another Reader Review (If you missed it, I did a Fresh Kid Ice review over there back in 2009). I like the short, track-by-track breakdown style he's been perfecting over there through the years, and it's really fun adopting it for a contribution. It's very different from how I normally write here; and, yes, that means I already have the bug to do another one for 'im.

Anyway, without further ado, we take a look at the classic, California 4-track era, with two (sub-) genre defining tapes from one of its most prominent and under-recognized contributors... and practically everybody else who was a part of the scene.  Right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment